NW Rochester garage suffers heavy damage from fire Monday morning
(ABC 6 News) – A detached garage suffered heavy fire and smoke damage from a fire on Monday morning.
According to the Rochester Fire Department (RFD), at approximately 10:32 a.m., fire crews were dispatched to 821 11th St. NW after receiving a call of a possible garage fire.
When crews arrived, a detached garage was found engulfed in flames with heavy smoke in the neighborhood.
Crews forced entry into the garage after initial reports suggested that the homeowner was possibly inside. Firefighters used thermal imagery which did not reveal anyone in the garage, and the homeowner was located, confirming nobody was inside the garage.
There were no injuries reported.
The associated home was monitored and ventilated for minor smoke and carbon monoxide presence, and a neighboring home was also checked and found to be clear of smoke and carbon monoxide.
RFD says thanks to a quick response by bystanders alerting them of the fire, available responders were able to quickly extinguish the fire before adjacent structures could become involved.
The cause of the fire and damages was not immediately known.
RFD was assisted at the scene by the Rochester Police Department and Mayo Clinic Ambulance.