SWEEPSTAKES AND CONTEST
STANDARD OFFICIAL RULES
1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
To enter online sweepstakes and contests, viewers register online at Station’s website. If entries are permitted by other means (e.g., by telephone, mail or telefax), the other permitted forms of entry will be indicated on our website and may periodically be included in on-air promotions on Station.
To enter on-air sweepstakes contests, viewers can enter as explained by the on-air talent (i.e., caller #10, etc) on Station.
To enter Facebook sweepstakes and contests, visit our page on Facebook. Find the Sweepstakes tile on the Station’s main Facebook page, scroll down to find, complete and submit the online entry form, which includes your name, email address, daytime telephone number. The Station Facebook contests and sweepstakes are not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. By entering, you are providing the information to Station, and not Facebook.
To enter Twitter sweepstakes and contests, visit our Station page on Twitter. Once you have followed the Station page on Twitter, during the sweepstakes or contest period, retweet (RT) the message sent out during the sweepstakes or contest period to automatically receive one (1) entry into the random drawing. Limit one (1) entry per person per day. Sponsor’s administrator will be the official timekeeper for the sweepstakes or contest. The Station Twitter contests and sweepstakes are not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter. By entering, you are providing the information to the Station, and not Twitter.
To enter text message sweepstakes and contests, viewers will be asked to use a text-messaging enabled wireless device to text a specified “keyword” to a specified five digit number. After you send in the text-message you will receive a confirmation text validating one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You will be charged for each text message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier. Your standard text and data rates may apply. Each wireless carrier’s rate plan may vary, and entrants should contact their wireless carrier for information on text messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in the sweepstakes or contest. Any text message form of entry into a sweepstakes or contest will be deemed made by the named account holder whose mobile phone number is assigned at the time of entry to the text-messaging enabled wireless device used to text the entry. Each text message sent to or received by a service subscriber of any wireless carrier may incur a standard text messaging charge in accordance with that carrier’s (Terms and Conditions) applicable to such subscriber’s particular voice/data rate plan. Contact your wireless carrier for text messaging plan details.
Deadlines for entering will typically be stated on the Station website or announced by our on-air talent and may periodically be included in on-air promotions.
Unless otherwise indicated on our website or as explained by our on-air talent or in our on-air promotions, there is a limit of one entry per contest or sweepstakes per person; any person submitting more than one entry per contest or sweepstakes may be disqualified. However, if there is a limit of one entry per contest or sweepstakes per person, to receive additional entries in the contest or sweepstakes, upon submitting your entry form, if you are shown options to share the contest or sweepstakes through Twitter, email or Facebook, for each referred friend who successfully submits and entry form, you will receive one (1) additional entry into the contest or sweepstakes.
Station is not responsible for problems accessing the Station websites or Facebook or Twitter pages, for problems sending a text, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of a website or text entry, or any other problems which may or may not result from Station’s sweepstakes and contests.
Station will not accept collect calls. Station is not responsible for telephone line unavailability, busy signals on the sweepstakes or contest line, operator interference, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the phone call, telephone system malfunctions, or any other telephone problems or human error which may or may not result from any sweepstakes or contest.
2. HOW WINNERS ARE CHOSEN AND NOTIFIED: The criteria and process for selecting winners will typically be stated on the website or as explained by our on-air talent and may periodically be included in on-air promotions. Unless otherwise stated, winners will be notified by e-mail and/or phone. Station is not responsible if the winner is unable to be notified via the e-mail address submitted to enter the contest or sweepstakes.
3. PRIZES: The number of winners, the specific prizes to be awarded, and the values of prizes will typically be stated on the website or as explained by our on-air talent and may be periodically included in on-air promotions. Odds of winning will typically be dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. The winner is responsible for all income taxes due as a result of his or her accepting a prize, and an IRS Form 1099 may be submitted to applicable taxing authorities.
4. CLAIMING A PRIZE: Unless otherwise stated on the Station website or as explained by our on-air talent, each winner’s prize will be mailed to him/her. In the event a winner must claim his/her prize in person, the prize must be claimed at the Station Studios, 1320 Salem Road SW, Rochester, MN 55902, during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) within ten (10) days after the day he or she wins. This is to verify that the prize is being given to the qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. Each winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to Station (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of Station.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Individuals must be 18 years or older and be residents of Minnesota or Wisconsin, unless otherwise stated, to be eligible to participate and win prizes in Station on-line contests and sweepstakes. You are not eligible to enter our on-line contests or sweepstakes if you or a member of your immediate family works for Station, Hubbard Broadcasting Inc., any contest or sweepstakes sponsor, or any of these companies’ parent, or related companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, or advertising agencies.
6. ENTRY DEADLINES: Entry deadlines will typically be stated on the Station website and may be periodically included in on-air promotions. Station is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete or illegible entries.
7. RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, VOICE AND ADDRESS: By participating in an on-line or on-air contest or sweepstakes, you: (a) agree to release and indemnify Station, Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc., and any sponsor(s) (including their officers, directors, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent or related companies) from and against any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the conduct of the sweepstakes or contest, and the awarding, acceptance or use of any prize(s); and (b) consent to the use by Station for promotional purposes only, of your on-line or call-in entry, your likeness, your voice, and/or your address (city and state) without any additional compensation.
8. WINNER LIST: Upon request, Station will provide you a list of winner(s) (name(s) only) from each of its contests or sweepstakes. In order to request such a list, please send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope before the last day of the calendar month in which the prize is awarded, to Winners List, Station, 1320 Salem Road SW, Rochester, MN 55902. Requests for different contests or sweepstakes must be submitted separately. Each request must identify the specific contest or sweepstakes about which the inquiry relates; inquiries not containing this information will not receive a response.
9. MISCELLANEOUS: Decisions of Station concerning any and all matters with respect to Station contests and sweepstakes shall be final. Station reserves the right to change its official rules, including these standard terms and conditions, without notice. These standard terms and conditions may be changed or supplemented by contest-specific or sweepstakes-specific rules. If there’s a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and any contest-specific or sweepstakes-specific rules that we may develop, the contest-specific or sweepstakes-specific rules shall control. Station reserves the right to change the prize values at any time, or to substitute prizes of comparable value. All contests and sweepstakes are void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
Decisions of Station concerning any and all matters with respect to any contest or sweepstakes shall be final. Contest or sweepstakes are void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Station reserves the right to change the prize values at any time. Station is not responsible for printing errors in the contest or sweepstakes materials or these rules. Station is not responsible for problems accessing the website, or technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the entry, or any other problems which might or might not result from any contest or sweepstakes. Station, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of any contest or sweepstakes, and refuse to award any Prize, if participant engages in any conduct Station deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the contest or sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the contest or sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during registration or prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this sweepstakes. Participants agree that Station may void any part of a Prize that participant may have won and/or require the return of any part of a Prize that participant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Participant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Station from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY CONTEST OR SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE CONTEST OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If, for any reason, any contest or sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, cancellation of show, scheduling changes or any other causes which Station, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest or sweepstakes, Station reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest or sweepstakes and select a Prize winner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Station may deem fair and appropriate.