6 men arrested in Rochester prostitution investigation
(ABC 6 News) – Rochester police arrested six men Tuesday on suspicion of engaging in prostitution, Capt. Casey Moilanen said.
The Rochester Police department partnered with the Olmsted County Attorney’s Office and Safe Harbor, a nonprofit that supports victims of human trafficking.
RPD arrested the following men in an undisclosed area of Rochester:
- Russell Hodge, 46, of Hayfield
- Justin Hitt, 29, of Pine Island
- David Thorland, 68, of Thompson, Iowa
- Thomas Klees, 43, of Rochester
- Darryl Franklin, 54, of Rochester
- Arnaldo Mercado-Perez, 27, of Rochester
Each of the men faces a possible charge of engaging in prostitution in a public space.
Moilanen said none of the men are suspected of engaging in human trafficking.
He confirmed that the arrests were not related to Olmsted County’s process for identifying instances of human trafficking in local massage parlors.
ABC 6 News will update this article as more information is available.