Rochester residents escape early morning house fire

[anvplayer video=”5183861″ station=”998128″]

(ABC 6 News) – Early Tuesday morning, fire crews responded to a house fire in southwester Rochester.

The Rochester Fire Department (RFD) responded to the house just after 5:00 a.m., with the homeowners saying there was a fire in an upstairs bathroom.

Fire crews were able to put out the flames quickly and limit damage to the immediate area of the bathroom.

All residents and pets were able to exit the home safely.

RFD said they want to remind homeowners to regularly inspect the bathroom and other exhaust fan appliances for the buildup of dust and lint, which can cause these units to overheat.