Hotel evacuated due to smoke in NW Rochester
(ABC 6 News) – Dozens of people staying at the Country Inn and Suites on the north side of Rochester had to evacuate the hotel.
The fire alarms were going off and when the Rochester Fire department got there and began searching they found smoke on the first and second floors coming from the elevator.
Firefighters shut the elevator system down and figured out that it was a malfunction of the elevator pump.
Crews set up fans to clear the smoke. The hotel guests were able to go back inside after about ten minutes, and nobody was hurt.