$150K in damages after shed fire

(ABC 6 NEWS) – A shed is a total loss after a fire Thursday near Marion Township.

The fire happened around 1 p.m. on Thursday. In a statement to officials, two men said they were cutting metal with a chop saw and sparks ingnited a fire, they said they attempted to suppress the fire with an extinguisher, but that only made it worse.

Rochester Fire Department arrived at the shed fire and found the fire was through the roof and the shed had already partially collapsed.

RFD said the shed had a large number of petroleum products and farm equipment inside.

The damage is estimated to be about $150,000.

There were no injuries.