UPDATE: Electrical cord caused Pine Island fire Christmas day

[anvplayer video=”5154575″ station=”998128″]

(ABC 6 News) – UPDATE: A Pine Island township fire Christmas Day was caused by an electrical cord, according to the Pine Island Fire Department.

Third Assistant Chief David Friese said Tuesday that the GMC Sierra which caught fire was plugged into an electrical cord in the shed off White Pines Road NE, which was where the fire apparently began.

(ABC 6 News) – A family in Pine Island Township is without a vehicle Sunday night after it caught on fire in a shed.

David Friese with the Pine Island Fire Department said the 911 call came in at approximately 5:10 p.m. from the 800 block of White Pines Road NE.

A family member arriving at the house saw smoke and fire coming from a shed on the farm and called 911.

While Pine Island Fire Dept. was en route, deputies on scene reported that the homeowners were able to pull a burning vehicle from the shed using farm equipment and had attempted to use a skid steer to place snow on the fire to slow the flames from spreading.

Upon arrival, crews found a GMC Sierra on fire outside the shed.

Additional crews inspected the shed and found minimal smoke damage to additional vehicles found inside the shed.

Crews found that the fire appeared to have started with an electrical cord that the pickup had been plugged into.

The GMC Sierra is considered a total loss and there are unknown damages to the shed and its contents.

No injuries were reported.

The Pine Island Fire Department said temperatures caused icy conditions at the scene.

The Goodhue County Sheriff’s Office assisted on scene.