Seasonal parking requirements to begin on November 1
Seasonal parking requirements for the City of Rochester begin on November 1.
The ordinance implements alternate side parking requirements for vehicles parked on city streets and in the bulb (circular part) of cul-de-sacs from November 1 to April 1. Seasonal parking requirements are in effect regardless of the weather forecast or if there is snow and ice on the roadways.
Public Works Director Wendy Turri shares, “By following alternate side parking requirements, Rochester residents and guests are helping our crews be more efficient and effective with seasonal maintenance activities. Our streets will be easier and safer to navigate all winter long.”
Overview of the Seasonal Parking Requirements:
- Alternate side parking requirements are in place city-wide from November 1 to April 1 from 2 a.m. to 3 p.m.
o Park vehicles on the side of the street with EVEN house numbers when the calendar date is EVEN.
o Park vehicles on the side of the street with ODD house numbers when the calendar date is ODD.
o While cars can be parked on both sides of the street in the evening hours, drivers should park their vehicles overnight for the requirements that are in place the following day from 2 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Posted parking signs must be followed regardless of the calendar date.
- This does not apply to metered spaces; however, parked vehicles must still comply with posted signs.
- Alternate side parking is not applicable on streets where parking is only allowed on one side.
· Seasonal parking requirements apply regardless of weather or street conditions.
More information, including translated versions of frequently asked questions and an animated video, is available online at www.rochestermn.gov/winter