Albert Lea, Austin, Rochester Public Schools and numerous others closed Friday
(ABC 6 News) – The wintry weather of snow and ice has forced numerous schools to close across northern Iowa and southeast Minnesota.
Rochester Public Schools, Austin Public Schools, Albert Lea, Mason City were just some of the schools that canceled classes on Friday.
The following was sent out from RPS to parents and guardians:
- School Age Child Care (SACC) will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Northrop Education Center.
- All PAIIR, Preschool Age Child Care (PACC), Preschool, and Community Education daytime and evening classes, for early childhood, youth, adults, and adults with exceptional abilities are canceled.
- Hawthorne Education Center is closed.
- All community building reservations are canceled.
- All Professional Growth Academy classes are canceled.
- All after school activities and athletics are canceled.
- No supper meals will be provided.
To view other closings and delays, CLICK HERE.