Northern Lights Festival to bring holiday magic to Rochester
The festival will be open Fridays through Sundays from Dec. 2 through 18 during the following hours below:
- Fridays: 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Sundays: 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The festival and its 25,000 square foot custom-built light park is for all ages to enjoy.
- Experience the Star Dome, a large inflatable igloo lit up with the colors of the Northern Lights.
- Take a walk through the immersive Lantern Lake, a 400 sq. ft. illusion that feels like walking on an endless frozen lake beneath a starry night.
- Take part in the Naughty Gnome Scavenger Hunt and search for the countless gnomes and their mischievous behavior.
- A Mini Minnesota Christmas Market provides a unique shopping experience of some favorite Minnesota brands.
- The Fireside Lounge provides the best parts of an outdoor bonfire (drinks, food and space for good company) all while staying indoors.
- Winter Storm Yoga with local Anthony of Radiant Sol Yoga on December 2 and 3 before the park opens.
- Santa Sundays, a chance for photo ops with Santa in his Cabin from 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. every Sunday.
A portion of all proceeds of the festival are invested into organizations fighting for kids in Minnesota. The charity for the coming year is Santa’s College Fund, a scholarship that exists to remove financial barriers to higher education faced by many of our refugee neighbors living right here in Minnesota, through 4-year scholarships.
Minnesota entrepreneur Mitch Reaume, founder & CEO of Fight for Something, created this new festival for Rochester. “The lights, atmosphere and fun inspired by the Northern Lights and essence of winter will make for a magical experience to bring people together and celebrate the holiday season,” says Reaume.
Admission is $12 (ages 5-13), $17 (ages 14+), and free for children 4 and under.
For more information, CLICK HERE.