No injuries reported in Albert Lea garage fire

[anvplayer video=”5155486″ station=”998128″]

(ABC 6 News) – No injuries were reported in a detached garage fire in Albert Lea on Saturday morning.

Albert Lea Fire Rescue and Police were dispatched to 503 Edgewood Ave. around 10:26 a.m. Upon arrival, fire crews found heavy smoke coming from the south-facing garage door and east-facing walk-in door.

Fire crews extinguished the fire, and remained on scene for about one hour putting out hot spots.

Albert Lea Fire Rescue said the resident was working in the garage at the time of the fire and attempted to extinguish it before calling 9-1-1. The cause of the fire was determined to be a portable heater that ignited gasoline.

Estimated damages total $7,500.

Mayo Clinic Ambulance also responded.