No injuries in cold-storage warehouse fire

(ABC 6 News) – No one was injured during a fire at Vortex Cold Storage in Albert Lea Tuesday afternoon.

Albert Lea Fire Rescue and Police Department were called to 311 14th St. East at 1:30 p.m. for a reported roof fire.

Upon arrival, fire crews learned from Vortex personnel that a small area of the roof, which was under repair, was on fire.

Fire crews, with the help of the roof repair company on site, gained access to insulation that was burning.

It was determined that the insulation caught fire due to the contractor heating the roof in order to repair the leaks.

Damages are estimated at $20,000 and 600 square feet of roof.

Firefighters were on scene for about one hour, removing the smoldering insulation and extinguishing the fire.