MnDOT announces winners of 2023 “Name a Snowplow” contest
(ABC 6 News) – The votes are in! The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) announced the eight winners of the 2023 “Name a Snowplow” contest.
MnDOT says more than 64,000 voters cast a ballot in the contest. One newly named snowplow will be assigned to each of MnDOT’s eight districts.
In District 6, which covers southeast Minnesota, the name “Scoop! There it is” will assigned to a snowplow. The winning names are below:
- Yer a Blizzard, Harry – District 8 (Southwest Minnesota)
- Blizzo – Metro District (Twin Cities)
- Clearopathtra – District 1 (Northeast Minnesota)
- Better Call Salt – District 3 (Central Minnesota)
- Han Snowlo – District 7 (South Central Minnesota)
- Blader Tot Hotdish – District 2 (Northwest Minnesota)
- Scoop! There it is – District 6 (Southeast Minnesota)
- Sleetwood Mac – District 4 (West Central Minnesota)
MnDOT invited people to submit creative ideas for snowplow names in December 2022. After receiving more than 10,400 name ideas, MnDOT staff narrowed the list to 60 finalists for the public to vote on.
This is the third year that MnDOT has hosted the annual “Name a Snowplow” contest.
To see the results for all 60 finalists, CLICK HERE.