Mason City alternate side parking ordinance in effect Wed. evening until further notice
(ABC 6 News) – The City of Mason City announced they will enact the alternate side parking ordinance and emergency snow route due to measurable snow in the forecast in the coming days.
The ordinance will take effect beginning Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. and last until further notice.
During this time that the ordinance is in effect, the following general provisions shall apply:
- Parking shall be permitted on the odd numbered side of the street on odd numbered days of the month.
- Parking shall be permitted on the even numbered side of the street on even numbered days of the month.
- People moving their vehicle(s) from one side of the street to the other side must do it between 4:00 and 7:00 p.m. the night before.
- On cul-de-sacs bearing consecutive numbers, parking is prohibited according to the schedule for the street to which it connects.
- During alternate side parking, signs prohibiting parking at all times on one entire side of the street only shall not be enforced and alternate side parking regulations shall be in effect.
- Alternate side parking regulations shall have no effect on streets where parking is prohibited on both sides.
- The Emergency Snow Route, which includes 1st St. NW from Monroe Ave. to Pierce Ave. will be in effect at this time. No parking is allowed on 1st St. NW from Monroe Ave. to Pierce Ave. until further notice.
Alternate side parking regulations do not apply to U.S. Hwy 122 and U.S. Hwy 65 south of 8th St. South and north of 5th St. North, nor to the business district.
The business district is defined as the area bounded by and including all streets between Connecticut Ave. on the east, Jefferson Ave. on the west, 4th St. South on the south, and 5th St. North on the north. (Exception: Parking shall be permitted within 100 feet of the main entrance of a commercial business location on the side adjacent to the building during regular business hours).
To monitor the latest developments from the city, CLICK HERE or call 641-424-7188.