UPDATE: Third probable overdose death at SE Rochester apartment
(ABC 6 News) – UPDATE: A man who discovered two probable overdose deaths in his home last week likely overdosed himself, Rochester police said Wednesday.
The Southern Minnesota Regional Medical Examiner’s Office identified the two Dec. 1 deaths as Jonathan E. Wilson and Paulette Rogan.
Levoy Ballard, the apartment resident, was found dead Tuesday, just days after finding the pair deceased on his floor.
Officers responded to 1123 3rd Avenue SE at about 1:18 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 6 after the 58-year-old resident’s landlord reported that he hadn’t been responding to calls.
There, they found the man deceased, with signs of drug use and paraphernalia at the scene, Capt. Casey Moilanen said.
While the official cause of death will be determined after an autopsy and toxicology report, Moilanen said RPD suspects an overdose.
— PREVIOUS STORY —
(ABC 6 News) – Rochester police said Friday that pending toxicology results, they suspect an overdose may have caused two deaths at a Rochester residence Thursday morning.
Capt. Casey Moilanen said the bodies were discovered when a social worker stopped by the apartment residence at 1123 3rd Avenue SE around 11:44 a.m.
The renter, a 58-year-old man, answered the door and the social worker saw two people laying on the floors.
The man told police the two people, who were known to him, had nowhere to stay the night and he’d let them in out of the cold.
When the social worker asked him to wake the pair up, they discovered both were dead.
The 54-year-old deceased woman listed a Rochester address but may have been homeless, as was the 58-year-old deceased man, Moilanen said.
There was no sign of trauma to the bodies and no sign of a struggle, leading Rochester police to believe the pair died from an overdose, although the Medical Examiner’s office has yet to complete an autopsy and toxicology report.
(ABC 6 News) – Two deceased bodies were found inside a southeast Rochester residence on Thursday morning, according to the Rochester Police Department (RPD).
RPD said they were were called to a residence at 1123 3rd Ave. SE in Rochester around 11:45 a.m. on a report of two people that were deceased.
RPD says the two people were a male and a female. Carbon monoxide was not detected in the home, and the cause of death is being determined. There is no known threat to the public.
No other specifics were given.