Dole Salads recalled, potential listeria contamination
(ABC 6 News) – According to the FDA, a number of Dole-branded salads are being voluntarily recalled due to a potential listeria outbreak.
Symptoms range from fevers, headaches and nausea.
For young children and elderly people, listeria can prove deadly, claiming 260 lives a year on average.
The following products have been recalled, according to the FDA.
- Chopped Kit Avocado Ranch
- Chop Kit Avocado Ranch Chop Kit Ranch A L’Avocat
- Premium Kit Southwest Salad
- Cajun Ranch Chopped Kit
- Premium Kit Endless Summer
- Supreme Kit Southwest Salad/Supreme Kit Salade Du Sud-Ouest
- President’s Choice-brand Southwest Salad Kit/Sud-Ouest Kit de Salade
- Marketside-brand Chopped Salad Kit Bacon Ranch Crunch
The products have since left market shelves, but if you have this product, you are encouraged to throw it out.