Seasonal parking requirements begin November 1 in Rochester
(ABC 6 News) – Seasonal parking requirements for the City of Rochester begin on November 1.
The ordinance implements alternate side parking requirements for vehicles parked on city streets and in the bulb (circular part) of cul-de-sacs from November 1 to April 1. Seasonal parking requirements are in effect regardless of the weather forecast or if there is snow and ice on the roadways.
Overview of the Seasonal Parking Requirements:
- Alternate side parking requirements are in place city-wide from November 1 to April 1 from 2am to 3pm.
- Park vehicles on the side of the street with EVEN house numbers when the calendar date is EVEN.
- Park vehicles on the side of the street with ODD house numbers when the calendar date is ODD.
- While cars can be parked on both sides of the street in the evening hours, drivers should park their vehicles overnight for the requirements that are in place following day from 2 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Posted parking signs must be followed regardless of the calendar date.
- This does not apply to metered spaces; however, parked vehicles must still comply with posted signs.
- Alternate side parking is not applicable on streets where parking is only allowed on one side.
- Seasonal parking requirements apply regardless of weather or street conditions.
The Rochester City Council directed City teammates to review the success of the first two seasons of the seasonal parking ordinance and provide recommendations for changes, with emphasis on the duration of the alternate side parking season which originally ran from October 1 to May 1.
On August 2, 2021, City Council approved the amended ordinance changing the effective dates of the program to November 1 to April 1. The Rochester City Council adopted Seasonal Parking Restrictions (Rochester Code of Ordinances Section 11-6-49) on September 16, 2019.
More information is available online at www.rochestermn.gov/winter