Next phase of North Broadway construction to resume
(ABC 6 News) – Phase two of the reconstruction of North Broadway Avenue will begin on Monday, March 28. Construction will focus on the alleyways and side streets adjacent to North Broadway.
The project has an expected completion date of September 2022. Click here for the map showing 2022 construction impacts.
Impacts to alleyways and side streets:
- Construction will begin on March 28 with milling of the alleyways and side streets. Work will progress from north to south, first on the east side of Broadway Avenue and then the west, and will only affect access in the areas where construction is actively occurring.
- Next contractors will begin installing underground utilities. Locations under active construction will be completely closed for several days and then re-opened with a gravel surface. Construction will then move to a new location within the project area and repeat the process. Detour signs will be posted for each work location.
Work on Broadway Avenue in 2022 will include landscaping, installation of railing, completion of bus stops, and electrical work. Impacts along Broadway Avenue include:
- Broadway Avenue from 5 Street NW to the north will have moving outside lane closures to facilitate construction activities. The closure areas will move regularly throughout the corridor. Drivers should watch for traffic shifts. One lane of travel will remain open in each direction at all times.
- The Bryk on Broadway project will continue to require the closure of one southbound travel lane between 5 Street NW and Civic Center Drive until August 2022.
- Intermittent work on individual Rochester Public Transit (RPT) shelters will require passengers to be re-routed to the next closest shelter. Visit rptride.com for up-to-date information on transit impacts.
- Closures of the sidewalk and cycle track may occur, but will be infrequent.
The public can learn more about the project, view phasing and detour maps, and sign up for newsletter updates at: reconstructbroadway.com