Minnesota COVID-19 update: Tuesday
(ABC 6 News) – The latest information as of January 25, 2022 on coronavirus in Minnesota according to the Minnesota Department of Health.
Total COVID-19 vaccinations administered as of January 23 (cumulative): 9,129,939
Third doses and booster doses administered: 1,993,618
- Total Pfizer vaccinations (cumulative): 5,467,351
- Total Moderna vaccination (cumulative): 3,324,240
- Johnson & Johnson: 335,894
- Unknown/missing vaccine type: 2,454
People with completed vaccine series: 3,583,371
Percent of people with at least one vaccine dose: 68.8% of the population
Percent of people with completed vaccine series: 64.4% of the population
Total overall lab tests completed: 17,698,075
- Total approximate number of completed PCR tests (cumulative): 15,080,455
- Total approximate number of completed antigen tests (cumulative): 2,617,620
REPORTS AWAITING REVIEW
The recent surge of COVID-19 cases is creating the highest volume of lab reports since the beginning of the pandemic. As of January 2022, the daily number of newly reported cases is an undercount. The high volume of reports means some cases are waiting to be processed in our system. As we take steps to meet the demand, we want to continue to provide data that reflects what is currently happening in Minnesota.
The data below show cases that have been processed and reports waiting to be processed. Not all reports become cases, so these numbers are estimates and will likely change when we fully process the reports. Estimates based on reports waiting to be processed only appear in this section of the situation update. The remaining data on this page is based only on cases fully processed at MDH.
Total estimated number of cases from Jan. 3, 2022 through Jan. 24, 2022 (processed cases & estimated reports): 222,779
- Total positive cases reported: 191,415
- Total estimated number of reports awaiting review: 31,364
35,504 newly reported confirmed positive cases
*Data is for cases that were tested and returned positive. At-home test results are not counted by MDH.
Total confirmed cases of COVID-19, including reinfections: 1,264,935
Total positive people (cumulative): 1,223,000
- Total confirmed cases (PCR positive) (cumulative): 1,096,902
- Total probable cases (Antigen positive) (cumulative): 168,033
VACCINE BREAKTHROUGH CASES
Breakthrough cases data updated weekly on Monday
Number of vaccine breakthrough cases as of December 19, 2021:
- Total cases: 234,110 or 6,.923% of fully vaccinated people
- Total cases hospitalized: 6,993 or 0.207% of fully vaccinated people
- Total deaths: 1,304 or 0.039% of fully vaccinated people
Total patients who no longer need to be isolated: 1,211,499
- Total number of patients hospitalized: 55,642
- Total number of patients that have been admitted to the ICU:10,548
37 deaths reported today
Residence type of newly reported deaths:
- Private Residence: 27
- Long-term Care Facility/Assisted Living: 10
Total number of deaths: 11,230
- Deaths from confirmed cases (cumulative): 10,543
- Deaths from probable cases (cumulative): 687
Total non-laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 deaths: 140
*COVID-19 listed on death certificate but a positive test not documented for the person.
47.1% of deaths, or 5,292, were among cases that resided in long-term care or assisted living facilities.
Cases by County of Residence
|County||Total confirmed cases||Total probable cases||Total cases||Total deaths|
|Lac qui Parle||1,392||146||1,538||28|
|Lake of the Woods||636||25||661||5|