Iowa Primary Elections are Tuesday
(ABC 6 News) – The Iowa Primary Election is Tuesday, June 7, 2022.
Polls will be open from 7 a.m.–8 p.m.
Voters can register online, through the mail, or at the polls on Election Day. To register online click here.
To register and vote in Iowa, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen,
- An Iowa resident, and
- At least 17 years old (must be 18 years old by election day, or for Primary Elections be 18 by the General or City Election to vote).
- Be a convicted felon (unless your voting rights have been restored),
- Be judged mentally incompetent to vote by a court, and/or
- Claim the right to vote in any other place.
Voters can find their voting place here.
Precinct election officials are required to ask voters registered in the county to show one of the valid forms of identification:
- Iowa Driver’s License (not expired more than 90 days)
- Iowa Non-Operator ID (not expired more than 90 days)
- U.S. Passport (not expired)
- U.S. Military ID or Veteran ID (not expired)
- Iowa Voter Identification Card (must be signed)
- Tribal ID Card/Document (must be signed, with photo, not expired)