Garbage fire spreads to house in Rochester

[anvplayer video=”5065469″ station=”998128″]

(ABC 6 News) – Rochester Fire Department responded to a report of an exterior garbage fire that spread to the house where the siding of the house caught on fire.

The fire happened just before 1 p.m. Saturday at the 1300 block of 13th Ave NW.

When Rochester Fire Dept. arrived, the homeowner had extinguished the fire with a garden hose.

Ventilation was required due to a large amount of smoke that had gone into the house.

No injuries were reported but the estimated cost of the damage is $10,000.