Candidates for Teacher of the Year include several from SE Minnesota
(ABC 6 News) – The 77 candidates for the 2022 Minnesota Teacher of the Year include several from southeast Minnesota.
The program celebrates the tradition of excellence in teaching in Minnesota. Eligible candidates include pre-kindergarten through 12th-grade, Early Childhood Family Education and Adult Basic Education teachers, from public or private schools.
An independent panel of leaders in the fields of education, business, government, nonprofit and philanthropy will read candidates’ portfolios over the next few weeks and narrow the list to a group of semifinalists. In March, the panel will convene again and review additional materials from the semifinalists to choose a group of finalists.
Area candidates include
- Kevin Gentz, Albert Lea Area Schools
- John Schneider, Austin Public Schools
- Kristin Wishy, Kasson Mantorville Public Schools
- Mark Langlois, Owatonna Public Schools
- Tom Muschler, St. Charles Public Schools