Austin Utilities issues Peak Alert through 8 p.m.
(ABC 6 News) – Austin Utilities has issued a Peak Alert that lasts until 8 p.m. Monday.
Customers are asked to reduce their electric usage during this time.
Ways to reduce electric use:
- Turn off non-essential lighting
- Turn off task lighting at desk
- Turn of radios
- Turn up AC Thermostat 2+ degrees
- Turn off any computers or monitors not in use
- Turn off restroom and closet lighting
- Turn off unnecessary fans
- Turn of televisions
- Close doors to unconditioned spaces
For more information click here.