Family safe after early morning house fire in Blooming Prairie

(ABC 6 News) – Crews were called to the 11600 block of State HWY 30 just before 2 a.m. for an early morning house fire in Blooming Prairie. Friends and relatives of the family say an electric wiring issue is the cause.

Carl Chatman is an out-of-town friend of the family and is currently staying with them. He says he came home with the wife and the three children who live there just before 1:45 a.m. when they noticed smoke from the top of the house. When they opened the garage, it was filled with smoke. That’s when the several dogs inside the home were taken outside to safety.

The five people who live there made it safely outside. The cow they own is also safe. The home’s gas and electricity were shut off.

The Hayfield Fire Department, Dodge County Sheriff’s Office, and Blooming Prairie Fire Department are just some of the agencies who responded to the scene.

There is no word yet on the extent of the damage.