Mayo Clinic Health System plans $15M in updates, enhancements in Albert Lea
(ABC 6 News) – Mayo Clinic Health System will invest approximately $15 million to enhance and modernize several departments in Albert Lea.
As a continuation of the renovation and redesign of patient care areas across Mayo Clinic Health System in Southeast Minnesota, the project will:
Outpatient Fountain Centers and Behavioral Health
- Relocate outpatient services to vacated space on the second floor of the hospital building.
- Provide opportunities for further expansion.
Ambulatory Surgery and Infusion Therapy
- Relocate these areas to former outpatient Fountain Centers and Behavioral Health space.
- Include 16 large presurgical and postsurgical rooms, as well as a procedure room.
- Co-locate these areas with operating room suites toward the front of the building.
- Expand space to 16 beds, with 10 general care rooms, three safe rooms with views of the lake, and three observation rooms.
- Add patient and visitor waiting areas, including a reflection space.
- Create staff workstations with an improved line of sight to patient rooms.
- Increase overall security for staff and patients.
- Equip each room with telemedicine capability that also will be available on mobile workstations.
The renovations and relocations are slated to begin in September and will occur in a phased approach over the following 18–24 months. All departments will remain fully operational throughout the project.