Shop Iowa Day is Wednesday
The IEDA says the day is dedicated to promoting and offering incentives for shopping local, and a great opportunity for consumers to shop for unique, locally made products, while supporting small businesses across Iowa.
The day also gives retailers, particularly those who didn’t previously have an online presence, a place to showcase their business.
Shop Iowa Facts:
- 628 total businesses are listed across Shop Iowa
- Small businesses from 224 cities in Iowa (and all 99 counties in Iowa) are featured on Shop Iowa
- Shop Iowa has sold 5,589 products since its launch in August of 2020
- 70% of products on Shop Iowa are bought by Iowans and shipped within Iowa
- Shop Iowa is a FREE resource for small businesses and does NOT take a commission on the sale of products
“We recognize the importance of giving small businesses the visibility and support they need to succeed, which is why we created Shop Iowa,” said Debi Durham, executive director of Iowa Economic Development Authority and Iowa Finance Authority. “The online platform has positively impacted small businesses in all 99 counties across Iowa, and we look forward to building on that success with the first-annual Shop Iowa Day.”
The day includes markdowns from small businesses across the state, free shipping specials by select businesses and local pickup where available, and more.
Promotions will end at 11:59 p.m. Wednesday.
For more information on Shop Iowa Day, CLICK HERE.