City of Rochester to host delegation from ‘Sister City’ Xianyang, China
(ABC 6 News) – The City of Rochester announced it will host a Chinese delegation on Friday.
The visit is part of an ongoing sister city relationship the City has with Xianyang. The purpose of the visit is to ehance mutual understanding and friendship between the two peoples and promote practical cooperation in various fields.
Last year marked the 40th anniversary of the sister state/province relationship between the Shaanxi Province and the State of Minnesota.
“We look forward to welcoming this Chinese delegation to Rochester. We are excited to highlight our community and rebuild relationships with our Sister City Xianyang, as we have not had the opportunity to connect with them for some time,” shares Mayor Kim Norton.
The delegation members will include:
- Mr. Quan Jian, Vice President, China Council for Promotion of International Trade, Shaanxi Sub-council.
- Mr. Ban Hui, Secretary General, Shaanxi Provincial People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries.
- Ms. Li Suying, Deputy Director, Foreign Affairs Office of Xianyang City.
- Ms. Zhang Yu, Principal Staff, Shaanxi Provincial People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries.
- Mr. Wang Bin, Deputy Section Chief, Foreign Affairs Office of Xianyang City.
A press conference with Mayor Norton and the delegation is scheduled for 3:20 p.m. Friday. ABC 6 News will be in attendance and provide more information when it concludes.