Advertisement

Rochester Man Facing Possible Assault Charges After 2nd Arrest in a Week

Rochester Man Facing Possible Assault Charges After 2nd Arrest in a Week

July 11, 2019 12:28 PM

(ABC 6 News) - For the second time in a week, a Rochester man has been arrested on possible assault charges.

According to the Rochester Police Department, officers were called to the 100 block of 3rd St. SW around 9:30 p.m. Monday for a reported assault.

Advertisement

Police said 39-year-old Travis Beckjorden got into an alleged confrontation with a 23-year-old man.  Police said Beckjorden hit the man in the face causing the victim to fall backward, hit his head on the concrete and lose consciousness.

Police said Beckjorden fled the scene and authorities found him in Faribault on Tuesday.

He was taken into custody and transported back to the Olmsted County Adult Detention Center where police said .42 grams of methamphetamine was found on his person.

He's facing possible charges of 3rd-degree assault and 5th-degree controlled substance possession.

Beckjorden was arrested last week after reportedly showing up at his former place of business, brandishing a firearm and making verbal threats.  Click here to read that article.

KAAL-TV

Copyright 2019 - KAAL-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Read Stories

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement