Advertisement

UPDATE: Unattached garage destroyed by fire in Kasson

KAAL-TV
Updated: January 14, 2020 10:25 PM
Created: January 14, 2020 05:42 PM

(ABC 6 News) -- An unattached garage is a total loss after catching fire Tuesday evening in Kasson.

Deputy Chief Chris Seljan with the Kasson Fire Department said someone was working on a car in the unattached garage when gas was spilled and came into contact with a kerosene heater.

Advertisement

It happened at 603 14th Ave. NW in Kasson around 5 p.m.

The Kasson Fire Department, Kasson Police Department, Mantorville Fire Department, Dodge Center Fire Department and Dodge Center Ambulance all responded to the property.

Deputy Chief Seljan said no one was injured.

Some of the siding to the home on the property was also damaged by the fire.

The cost of damage is not yet known.

PREVIOUS STORY:

(ABC 6 News) -- Fire crews and police are at the scene of a large shed fire in a residential neighborhood in Northwest Kasson.

The fire on 14th Avenue NW was reported to ABC 6 News around 5 p.m. Tuesday.

No word yet, on how the fire started, or if anyone was home at the time it began.

Stay with ABC 6 News on-air and online for the latest.


Copyright 2020 - KAAL-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Comment on Facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement