Advertisement

Man in Custody After Going Into Former Place of Business with a Shotgun

July 16, 2019 09:42 PM

(ABC 6 News) - A 37-year-old man is in custody after reportedly going into his former place of business with a shotgun Tuesday afternoon.

Officials said Phillip Jonathan Martinez had been dismissed from Lou-Rich Inc. earlier Tuesday, but showed up around 1 p.m. with a shotgun allegedly, intending to threaten a supervisor.

Advertisement

Officials said Martinez left the scene without harming anyone and before law enforcement could arrive.

He was located at his residence on the 1000 block of Fountain Street West, where an ABC 6 News photographer said a woman could be seen running from the residence; that's when tactical officers moved in.

Officials said Martinez was taken into custody around 3 p.m. without further harm to himself or others.

Albert Lea Fire and Rescue, the Freeborn County Sheriff's Office, Minnesota State Patrol and the Department of Natural Resources all assisted in the incident.

This is a developing situation, stay with ABC 6 News for the latest information available.

KAAL-TV

Copyright 2019 - KAAL-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Read Stories

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement