Updated: February 27, 2020 11:02 PM
Created: February 27, 2020 02:35 PM
(ABC 6 News) - UPDATE: 6:30 p.m., 2/27/2020 - According to the Minnesota Department of Health website, the test for the 4th Minnesotan possibly infected with the coronavirus has come back negative.
For more information click here.
2 p.m., 2/27/2020
Thursday the Minnesota Department of Health said they are investigating a possible case of the coronavirus.
Infectious Disease Director at MDH, Kris Ehresmann, said the person was contacted on Sunday and has been isolated since. Ehresmann said samples have been sent to the Center for Disease Control on Monday and they're waiting on the results. MDH has not released the location of the person.
Jan Malcolm, the Minnesota Commissioner of Health said right now their approach is switching from 'containment' to 'preparedness.' She also said it's not likely that we will avoid getting cases of COVID-19 here in Minnesota and she anticipates it to reach the state in the next few weeks.
Three other COVID-19 cases from Minnesota were previously sent to the CDC; all those tests came back negative.
For more information regarding the coronavirus from MDH, click here.
Copyright 2020 - KAAL-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company