Updated: June 05, 2020 02:47 PM
Created: June 05, 2020 01:08 PM
(KSTP) - Friday, Gov. Tim Walz is announcing the Phase Three of the Stay Safe MN plan, which includes a gradual turn of the dial to allow cautious and safe reopening of indoor dining, gyms and entertainment venues.
The phase would begin on Wednesday, June 10.
Walz says customers and employees will be either strongly recommended or required to wear masks and will also be required to adhere to appropriate social distancing measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
According to the governor's office, no businesses may exceed 250 people in a single self-contained space. All critical businesses are required to develop and implement a COVID-19 preparedness plan by June 29, and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) and the Department of Labor and Industry (DLI) will provide industry guidance by June 15.
Phase Three of the Stay Safe MN plan goes as follows:
(KSTP) - Friday afternoon, Gov. Tim Walz is expected to discuss shifting the "economic dial" in response to COVID-19.
KSTP's chief political reporter Tom Hauser says the announcement for a significant reopening of restaurants, bars, health clubs and recreation sites is expected.
Department of Employment of Economic Development Commissioner Steve Grove said Friday morning during a COVID-19 panel that new steps for businesses would be released.
"What we have done in the last month or so has set out the next successive phases that are coming so that businesses have a little bit more predictability," Grove said.
Monday, restaurants and bars were able to open up to outdoor dining with restrictions. Barbershops and salons were also able to reopen with restrictions.
Copyright 2020 - KAAL-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company