Improperly discarded ashes cause Mason City house fire | KAALTV.com

Improperly discarded ashes cause Mason City house fire

Improperly discarded ashes cause Mason City house fire Photo: Gary Szymeczek .

KAAL-TV
Updated: November 11, 2021 12:29 AM
Created: November 10, 2021 05:15 PM

(ABC 6 News) - The Mason City Fire Department was called to a house fire Wednesday morning.

Just after 7 a.m. firefighters arrived at a home at the 900 block of N. Polk Ave as smoke was showing from the house.

All of the residents had evacuated, and firefighters were able to extinguish the fire, preventing further damage to the home.

An initial investigation by fire officials found improperly discarded ashes placed next to the house as the cause of the fire. 

No injuries were reported. 


Copyright 2021 - KAAL-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company