Updated: May 06, 2021 05:16 PM
Created: May 06, 2021 12:34 PM
(ABC 6 News) - An early morning garage fire just east of Austin caused $100,000 worth of damage.
Crews were called to the home at 58282 220th Street just before 3:30 a.m. Thursday for a report of a garage engulfed in flames.
Deputies responding to the scene saw the owner and a neighbor retrieving items from the garage. The two continued to do so until it was no longer safe. Because of the fire and distance to surrounding homes, deputies evacuated the nearby homes.
The owner told deputies a heat lamp had been in the garage to keep baby ducks and other fowl warm.
Copyright 2021 - KAAL-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company