Hwy 52 Zumbrota to Cannon Falls construction resumes April 4
(ABC 6 News) – Construction on the Hwy 52 Zumbrota to Cannon Falls project is scheduled to resume on April 4.
According to the Minnesota Department of Transportation, motorists may experience lane closures, lane shifts, and detours that may last for approximately seven months.
This is year two of the Hwy 52 Zumbrota to Cannon Falls project. Work includes:
- Rebuild Hwy 52 southbound from (4,000 feet north) Goodhue CR 9 to Goodhue CR 50
- Build a new interchange at the intersection of Hwy 57/Goodhue CR 8 and Hwy 52
- Replace the southbound bridge over Hwy 52 for Hwy 60 East
- Build Goodhue CR 14 connection, frontage roads, and cul de sacs
Single lane closures and head-to-head traffic
Crews will be reducing Hwy 52 to a single lane in each direction beginning one mile north of County 1 Blvd and extending to 415th St.
- Motorists can expect single-lane closures and lane shifts for approximately 6.3 miles. Signs will give advance notice of lane changes.
CR 9 Detour
- Motorists traveling southbound on Hwy 52 will exit at County 1 Blvd to access CR 9.
- Motorists traveling westbound on CR 9 will use County 1 Blvd to connect to Hwy 52 southbound.
CR 8 Detour
- Motorists traveling southbound on Hwy 52 will exit at CR 9., and travel east to connect to CR 8, or travel west, and head southbound on County 1 Blvd to connect to CR 8.
- Motorists traveling on Hwy 52 north will exit at CR 9, and travel east to connect to CR 8 or travel west, head southbound on County 1 Blvd to connect to CR 8.
Hwy 57 and CR 8 at Hwy 52 interchange construction detour
- Motorists traveling northbound on Hwy 52 will exit at Hwy 60 west to connect to Hwy 57.
- Motorists traveling on Hwy 57 will travel east on Hwy 60 to connect to Hwy 52.
Roadway access closures
Permanent township roadway access closures to Hwy 52 will occur in conjunction with the roadway restrictions. These closures are permanent to improve long-term safety along Hwy 52 by reducing uncontrolled intersection access. These access closures include:
- 90th Avenue
- 100th Avenue
- 110th Avenue