HWY 52 Zumbrota to Cannon Falls construction begins
(ABC 6 News) – Motorists should be prepared for delays as construction of the Highway 52 Zumbrota to Cannon Falls project begins.
Crews are routing traffic into single lanes in each direction through the work zone north of Zumbrota. The contractor will be moving traffic into single lanes in each direction. That includes traffic between Goodhue County Road 50 and just past Highway 57 at Hader which will now be traveling in the southbound lanes. Traffic between Goodhue County Road 1 to the north of Highway 57 at Hader will travel in the northbound lanes.
Construction workers will begin building the Highway 57 and County Road 8 interchange with crews working on the northbound portion of the new Highway 52 bridge. Reconstruction of the southbound Highway 52 pavement will be north of this location.
The following lane closures, detours, and lane shifts will begin once construction starts and last into early November.
Single lane closures and head-to-head traffic: Crews will be reduced on Highway 52 to a single lane in each direction beginning one mile north of County 1 Boulevard and extending to 415th Street.
• Signs will give advance notice of lane changes. Motorists can expect single-lane closures and lane shifts for approximately 6.3 miles.
County Road 9 detour
• Motorists traveling southbound on Highway 52 will exit at County 1 Boulevard to access County Road 9.
• Motorists traveling on County Road 9 will use County 1 Boulevard north to connect to Highway 52 southbound.
County Road 8 detour
• Motorists traveling southbound on Highway 52 will exit at County Road 1 and travel south to connect to County Road 8 on the west side of Highway 52, or travel south on County Road 1, east on County Road 9 to connect to County Road 8 on the east side of Highway 52.
• Motorists traveling on Highway 52 north will exit at County Road 9, and travel east to connect to County Road 8, or travel west, head southbound on County 1 Boulevard to connect to County Road 8.
Highway 57 and County Road 8 at Highway 52 interchange construction detour
• Motorists traveling northbound on Highway 52 will exit at Highway 60 west to connect to Highway 57.
• Motorists traveling on Highway 57 will travel east on Highway 60 to connect to Highway 52.
Roadway access closures: Permanent township roadway access closures to Highway 52 will occur in conjunction with the roadway restrictions. These closures are permanent to improve long-term safety along Highway 52 by reducing uncontrolled intersection access. Those access closures include:
• 90th Avenue
• 100th Avenue
• 110th Avenue