High Forest Interstate 90 eastbound rest area re-opens June 30
(ABC 6 News) – The High Forest Interstate 90 rest area that serves eastbound motorists west of Stewartville re-opens on June 30.
Rochester Sand and Gravel, the MnDOT contractor, repaved the parking lot, did pipe work and replaced and improved walkways.
This work is part of the Interstate 90 project also includes the below and is anticipated to be finished in August.
- Resurfacing approximately 8.6 miles of Interstate 90 eastbound from 2.5 miles east of Mower County Road 1 to .9 miles east of Highway 63 in Olmsted County
- Resurfacing interchange ramps at County Road 6 and Highway 63
- Improving and repairing guardrails and drainage throughout the project
- Improving four bridges:
- Interstate 90 eastbound bridge over Root River
- Interstate 90 westbound bridge over Root River
- County Road 6 bridge over Interstate 90
- County Road 15 bridge over Interstate 90
Traffic on eastbound Interstate 90 is reduced to a single lane west of Mower County Road 15 to the east of Olmsted County Road 6. The eastbound entrance ramp to Interstate 90 at County Road 6 is closed and detoured. The signed detour for motorists on County Road 6 wanting to enter eastbound Interstate 90 is to follow Country Road 6 eastbound into Stewartville.