Chimney fire in NW Rochester causes $45,000 dollars in damage
(ABC 6 News) – A chimney fire in northwest Rochester has led to over 40,000 dollars in damage Monday morning.
Just before 9 a.m., fire crews were called to a home in the 6400 block of W River Road for a chimney fire.
When crews arrived, heavy smoke was coming from the roof of the home. Crews were able to locate the fire inside the wall in the area of the fireplace. Once the fire was extinguished, crews used fans to ventilate smoke and toxic gases from the home.
Damage to the wall and fireplace system is estimated at $45,000. No one was injured in the fire.