6 shot, 1 killed in 4 separate, overnight Minneapolis shootings; 2 in custody so far

(KSTP) – Minneapolis police are investigating multiple shootings that happened overnight in the city, saying one victim has died and two people are in custody so far.

According to police, the first shooting happened Saturday at 9:30 p.m. on the 700 block of W. Broadway.

When officers arrived, they found a man who they say had non-life-threatening gunshot wounds, however, police say life-saving measures were given by first responders before he was taken to an area hospital.

The investigation so far shows a potential suspect vehicle left the area right after the shots were fired. Police did not immediately provide a description of that vehicle or a license plate number.

No other information about the victim was provided.

Police say they gathered surveillance videos from people who were in the area at the time of the shooting.

Officers say the second shooting happened shortly before 10 p.m. Saturday on the 2400 block of Elliot Avenue.

Police were called to the area for multiple reports of gunfire and found a man with life-threatening gunshot wounds in the backyard of one of the nearby homes.

The man was taken to the hospital and later died on Sunday.

Police said this is the 18th death being investigated as a homicide in Minneapolis this year.

Minneapolis police were then called to the 500 block of Hennepin Avenue at 1:48 a.m. Sunday for a fight outside of a business, which soon involved gunfire.

Police say officers from multiple precincts responded to that scene and found a man with non-life-threatening injuries. He was taken to an area hospital, however, officers say his care was complicated due to a large and unruly crowd.

In addition, police say a suspect was arrested, and officers found two guns near the scene.

The fourth shooting happened in the area of 3rd Street North and 1st Avenue North at 2:20 a.m., according to police.

Again, officers from multiple precincts responded to the scene, where they found a woman with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound.

She was then taken to the hospital.

Officers say a woman suspected of shooting the victim was arrested, and also found a gun.

While investigating that scene, Minneapolis police say two men with non-life-threatening injuries arrived at a hospital in private vehicles. Police did not specify how they were related to the shooting.

Officials have not said if any of the shootings were related as of this time.