Advertisement

Roofers doing repair work calls 911, prevents fire from spreading

Roofers doing repair work calls 911, prevents fire from spreading Photo: MGNonline.

KAAL-TV
Created: June 14, 2020 12:22 AM

(ABC 6 News) --  A malfunctioning bathroom fan caused $35,000 in damages to a home on Crescent Drive in Albert Lea on Friday.

The Albert Lea Fire Department sent out report saying they responded to a report of a smoke coming from the vents of a home on Crescent Drive on Friday afternoon. When they arrived at the scene, firefighters learned that all residents made it safely out of the home. Firefighters say that they went to the attic and found rafters near the bathroom fan were burning. They extinguished the flames and removed the burnt materials.

Advertisement

Firefighters say that the homeowner told them, that she thought she smelled something burning but dismissed it as the City Transfer station burning the pile of brush as there was no smoke or indication of any fire in the home. 

A roofing company was at the home a little after 3pm to do some roof repairs due to the last storm.  They noticed the smoke coming from the roof vents and got the resident out of the home and called 911. The cause of the fire was a malfunction in the bathroom fan installed in the ceiling area.


Copyright 2020 - KAAL-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Comment on Facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement