Man Dies of Suspected CO Poisoning in NE Minnesota Cabin

Man Dies of Suspected CO Poisoning in NE Minnesota Cabin<br /> Photo: MGNonline.

December 17, 2017 03:03 PM

SAGINAW, Minn. (AP) - A northeastern Minnesota man has died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in a cabin.

St. Louis County sheriff's authorities say their office responded Saturday afternoon to a report of an unresponsive male in the Saginaw area. Authorities arrived and found the body of 46-year-old Stanley Skare of Saginaw. Skare's dog also was found dead inside the cabin.
Authorities say Skare and his dog apparently died of carbon monoxide poisoning. The source likely was a generator running inside of the cabin.
The Midwest Medical Examiner's office will determine the exact cause of death.


(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


(Copyright 2017 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Relay Media Amp

Most Read Stories