Advertisement

Former RPS Employee Responds to Criminal Sexual Conduct Allegations

November 27, 2017 06:40 PM

(ABC 6 NEWS) – A former Rochester school employee is responding tonight to allegations he inappropriately touched 2 children under the age of 13, along with 8 counts of Possession of Pornographic Work.  

Nicholas Keller's attorney, Zachary Bauer of Meshbesher & Spence, sent us this statement on behalf of Keller.

Advertisement

“Mr. Keller is greatly disturbed by the allegations in this case.  He vehemently denies ever touching any child in a sexual manner.   When the Olmsted County Attorney’s Office charged these matters in late September Mr. Keller and my office began our own investigation.”

“My office understood that as a part of the Rochester Police Department investigation Mr. Keller voluntarily, without threat of a warrant, turned over his computer. As a result of that voluntary act, law enforcement searched the computer. The Olmsted County Attorney’s Office charged Mr. Keller for eight images that law enforcement believed to be of teenagers involved in pornography. Mr. Keller has never searched for, nor possessed any child pornographic images.   Early investigation of the images revealed that many of the images come from a well-known adult pornography site and are clearly covered under U.S.C. §2257. This section is stamped at the beginning of all videos from this website and states that all actors in the video are above the age of 18 years old.”

“Investigation into the alleged sexual misconduct has found a number of inconsistencies from the complaining parties. Mr. Keller is obviously distraught over these allegations however he is steadfast in his innocence and looks forward to the opportunity to clear his name of these false allegations.”

According to records, Keller previously worked for the Rochester School District’s child care program at Sunset Terrace Elementary.

Keller will make his first court appearance in Olmsted County on November 30.

----------------------------------------------------------

Previous Story:

(ABC 6 News) - According to Olmsted County court documents, a second charge of felony criminal sexual conduct is being brought against former Rochester Public School employee Nicholas Keller.

According to the criminal complaint, the second victim is reporting instances that occurred between 2005 and 2008.

The complaint states on April 20, 2011, a Rochester Police officer was assigned to investigate a sexual assault case. The victim had reported to mental health professionals and her mother that she had been sexually assaulted by a staff member at School Aged Child Care when she was 12-years-old.

When the officer attempted to investigate the alleged sexual assault the victim told the officer she did not want to speak with law enforcement about her claims or identify of the suspect.

On September 25, 2017, the same investigator received a voicemail from the victim stating she had seen recent coverage on Keller and was now ready to talk.

The complaint said the victim told investigators Keller placed his hands on her thigh over her clothes and touched her over ten times while she attending SACC. The victim said that each time this occurred Keller would move his hand closer to the inside of her thigh.

The victim also detailed an incident that allegedly occurred during a field trip to a movie theater. The victim said Keller had her sit with him, alone, a few rows in front of the other kids and that he tried to put his hands on her thigh. The victim said she moved over in her seat as far as she could so that he couldn't touch her.

According to the complaint, this is the first time the victim has identified her alleged molester by name to anyone. 

Keller is charged with 2nd-degree criminal sexual conduct in a separate case as well. In that case, authorities say an 8-year-old told her mom and police he inappropriately touched her during the 2016-17 school year.

Keller is also charged with 8 felony counts of possessing pornographic work after authorities say they found pornographic images of children younger than 18 on his laptop.  


Credits

Karsen Forsman

Copyright 2017 - KAAL-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement
Relay Media Amp
Advertisement

Most Read Stories

Moore not Conceding Senate Race to Jones

Moore not Conceding Senate Race to Jones


'We Don't Usually Do This in a Car:' Firefighters who Delivered Baby Honored

Rochester JM's Hurt Shines in Front of Calipari, Williams

President Signs $700 Billion Military Budget Into Law

Mower County Awarded Funds To Continue "Visit" Program

UPDATE: Possible Bomb Threat at Alternative Learning Center in Rochester

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement