abc
QUICK LINKS:

Fire Destroys Freeborn County Home

Created: 07/07/2014 4:04 PM KAALtv.com

(ABC 6 NEWS) -- A home in Emmons is considered a total loss after a fire broke out in the basement Sunday night.

It happened around 7:45. Flames could be seen pouring out of the basement windows.

Investigators say a product called Acetone had been previously placed on the floor to soften carpet glue and it's believed the fumes were ignited by a pilot light in the basement.

The basement has major fire damage. The rest of the house has severe smoke damage and the owner tells ABC 6 it is considered a total loss.

Everyone inside the house at the time of the fire was able to make it out safely.

MGN Online