Rochester Hotel Evacuated

Created: 06/17/2014 10:20 AM

(ABC 6 News) - People staying at the Centerstone Plaza Hotel had to be evacuated Monday night. The Rochester Fire Department got a call from a hotel maintenance worker, saying there was water leaking near the electrical panel.

The fire department shut down electricity to the hotel. All the people inside were relocated around 9 pm.

According to Assistant Fire Marshal Larry Mueller, calls like this are fairly common during major storms, but that they can be dangerous due to the potential for electric shock.

Centerstone Plaza Hotel Soldiers Field