Created: 06/17/2014 10:20 AM KAALtv.com
(ABC 6 News) - People staying at the Centerstone Plaza Hotel had to be evacuated Monday night. The Rochester Fire Department got a call from a hotel maintenance worker, saying there was water leaking near the electrical panel.
The fire department shut down electricity to the hotel. All the people inside were relocated around 9 pm.
According to Assistant Fire Marshal Larry Mueller, calls like this are fairly common during major storms, but that they can be dangerous due to the potential for electric shock.