Created: 06/01/2014 7:33 PM KAALtv.com
(ABC 6 News) -- The Rochester Fire Department responded to two weather-related emergencies this afternoon.
A woman was stuck inside an elevator at the La Quinta Inn in Southeast Rochester after a lightning strike caused some damage to an RPU transformer.
According to authorities, the woman said she felt like she was going to pass out.
Firefighters used special tools to rescue her and she did not need medical attention.
And it was that same lightning strike that caused another emergency at another hotel nearby.
This time, a back-up generator kicked in at the Comfort Inn and Suites. According to firefighters, that generaor was way too hot and started smoking.
Crews shut it down and smoke dissipated. There was no damage to the building.