Updated: 04/26/2014 10:50 PM
Created: 04/26/2014 2:15 PM KAALtv.com
(ABC 6 News) -- Firefighters responded to calls of concerned neighbors to a kitchen fire inside of a house located at 2032 Valley High Dr. NW in Rochester. According to the Rochester Fire Department, neighbors called around 1:00 pm last night and said that they had heard a boom and that the house shook.
The house was empty when firefighters arrived but found a dog and a cat on the sofa in the living room. The animals were reportedly safe.
Fire was spreading upstairs, inside a wall from the kitchen. The kitchen had a natural gas stove.
Damage is estimated at $30,000. The Rochester Fire Department is still investigating the incident.