Created: 03/27/2014 7:12 AM KAALtv.com
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Former Minnesota Orchestra music director Osmo Vanska says he's in talks with management about a possible return to the award-winning orchestra.
Vanska resigned last fall amid a lockout of the orchestra's musicians that dragged on for more than a year. The dispute ended in January, when musicians agreed to pay cuts in a new three-year contract.
After the lockout ended, Vanska said orchestra president Michael Henson would have to step down in order for the orchestra to heal. Henson resigned by mutual agreement last week. Vanska tells Minnesota Public Radio talks about his return started last Saturday.
Vanska will return to the conductor's podium at Orchestra Hall in Minneapolis this weekend to help celebrate the orchestra's first Grammy win. It will be his first concert with the Minnesota Orchestra since the lockout ended last month.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)