Updated: 03/05/2014 5:18 PM
Created: 03/05/2014 1:06 PM KAALtv.com
(ABC 6 News) – Everyone is OK after high carbon monoxide levels were detected inside a Rochester home daycare.
A carbon monoxide detector started going off early Tuesday afternoon at the daycare located at 816 4th Avenue SE, operated by Stephanie Parkinson.
Parkinson tells ABC 6 News she was allowed to stay open and that things are getting back to normal. Parkinson also encourages everyone to make sure they have CO detectors for their homes. She currently has two, one for each level of her home.
Police say Minnesota Energy was contacted when the CO detector started going off and Minnesota Energy contacted the Rochester Fire Department. Fire crews detected CO concentration levels of 50- 60 parts per million, which is above normal.
There were 10 children at the daycare at the time. Everyone in the home was tested and no one showed significant levels of CO in their system. The source of the problem was the boiler. Fire crews ventilated the home and gave Parkinson temporary space heaters.