Three Homes Evacuated Due to Natural Gas Leak

Created: 02/17/2014 10:57 AM

(ABC 6 NEWS) -- Three homes were evacuated as a safety precaution Monday morning, over concerns of a natural gas leak.

The Rochester fire department says a little before 8:00am,  MN Energy resources went to a home on the 1700 block of West Center street southwest, and found dangerous levels of natural gas.

That home, and two neighboring homes were evacuated.  Gas to the home was shut off, and the home was vented until levels normalized.  The leak was then pinpointed to a faulty line attached to their stove.

Everyone was allowed back into their homes within a couple of hours.

Photo credit: MGN