Rochester Teen Hailed a Hero for Putting out Neighbor's Fire

Updated: 02/11/2014 10:30 AM
Created: 02/11/2014 10:22 AM
By: Steph Crock

(ABC 6 News) -- A 13-year-old Rochester boy is being credited for saving a woman’s life from a fire.

She had been cooking at her home at 2431 Park View Lane S., when the grease in her pan caught on fire.

The flames then spread to her curtains and cabinets. We’re told she has asthma and was suffering from smoke inhalation.  Somehow the neighbor boy, Noah Carter, caught wind of the fire. We’re told he ran over and extinguished it before fire crews could arrive.

The Rochester Fire Department  has now nominated him for a good deed award, for not only helping save the woman’s life but stopping the fire before it left significant damage to the home.

Photo credit: MGN